Catholic Schools Week 2015
Catholic Schools are Communities of Faith, Knowledge, and Service.
MONDAY, 1-26-15 IS COMMUNITY SERVICE DAY:
As a service project for our community we will be collecting items every day for a homeless shelter. The following grade level will collect these items:
- K4-1st Grade: Toothpaste, toothbrushes, gloves
- 2nd-5th Grade: Socks, Towels, Spray Deodorant
- 6th-8th Grade: Towels, Shaving Cream, Deodorant
TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY 1-27, 28-15 IS LEARNING AND KNOWLEDGE:
Students will write letters to their families. There are many reasons to say "thank you" for making the choice to send them to a Catholic school.
THURSDAY,1- 29-15 IS KNOWING OUR FAITH:
In the morning, all of the students will attend Mass at 8:15. Parents are invited to join us. The students have been learning about saints and famous characters in the Bible. Students may come dressed as their favorite Bible character or saint. Look for more information on Monday in a special notice being sent home. In the afternoon from 1:30-3:00 p.m. at the North Campus students will be entertained by a professional storyteller. The South Campus students will be entertained by watching our "St. Rafael Idol Singing Contest." The contest is made up of participating students from grades 5-8.
FRIDAY, 1-30-15– IS PAJAMA READING DAY:
Students may choose to wear pajamas and can bring ONE pillow and ONE stuffed animal. In the morning, teachers will choose a time to "Drop Everything and Read Time."
Students have an EARLY RELEASE AT 1:00 PM after lunch.
Above all, Catholic Schools Week is a time to celebrate learning as we grow...a time to let our faith and the love of our Lord shine for everyone to see!
Events and Activities to Celebrate Our Faith and Our Families
- St. Rafael the Archangel School, a private, coed school in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is a parish based Catholic Elementary school. The parish of St. Rafael the Archangel subsidizes it. We offer a history of over 100 years of quality Catholic Education for families in this area.
- St. Rafael serves 400 students in grades K4-8. K4-1st grade students are served at our North Campus, which is located at 2075 S. 32nd St. Grades 2nd-8th grade students are served at our South Campus, which is located at 2251 S. 31st St.
- Each building has a music room, resource room and library. The North building has 2 student computers in each classroom and a school hall in the basement . The South building has a computer lab for students and teachers plus a gym. The classrooms for the 6th-8th grade students are in a separate building at this location called the Annex.
- St. Rafael School promotes diversity. Students of any race, color, religion, creed and national or ethnic origin may apply.
School Start Time: 7:45 a.m.
School End Time: 3:00 p.m.
Before School Program: Starts @ 7:00 a.m.
After School Program: Ends @ 5:30 p.m.
Head Start Program: Yes
Instructional/Curriculum Models Used: Standards-Based
Vouchers Accepted: Yes
Financial Aid Offered: Yes; School-based aid; outside scholarships
To obtain application info: Call the school (414-645-1300)
Mass: Every Thursday; Feast Days